The CG Hardwood Club’s mission is to provide the proper funding, leadership, and support to the Center Grove Boys Basketball program in order to facilitate state championship quality teams on an annual basis and generate a winning atmosphere surrounding the entire program, both on and off the court.
With this mission in mind and in conjunction with Center Grove High School Boys Basketball Coach Zach Hahn, the CG Hardwood Club is pleased to announce plans to organize 3rd-6th grade Hoops teams to participate in the 2020-21 Indy Hoops basketball league (https://www.indyhoops.net/).
As with most activities, there are many uncertainties regarding the season, and constant change and adaptations are expected. The Hoops game season is currently scheduled to run from January 3, 2021 to March 7, 2021. The practice schedule is still to be determined.
There will be up to 2 teams per grade (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th) with 8-10 players selected for each team.
- Players can only tryout and play for a team at their grade level. No playing up.
- Special requests (coaches, practice nights) will not be considered.
Tryouts will be held on Sunday, December 6, 2020 at Center Grove High School. Tryout details are below. Rosters will be posted on CG Hardwood Club website by Tuesday, December 8, 2020.
For those not selected for a team, there may be other opportunities in the area to play basketball. The following are some links to checkout.
- Youth basketball at Mount Pleasant Christian Church
- Youth basketball at City of Greenwood
- Youth basketball at Baxter YMCA
CGHS Boys Basketball Head Coach Zach Hahn along with his high school staff will conduct the evaluations and select players for each team.
You must register online for the Hoops team tryouts using the Tryout Registration Form below. Walk-up registrations will not be accepted.
The deadline for tryout registration is
Thursday, December 3 Friday, December 4th at 11:59pm (midnight).
If interested in coaching a team, please select the relevant box in the Tryout Registration Form. The selection of coaches for each team will be made after players for each team have been selected. Each coach selected will be required to submit information allowing for a background check and is required to attend a meeting to discuss expectations for the season.
Although it is subject to change, the plan is for the Hoops teams to practice 2 nights per week for 90 minutes per night in the Student Activity Center at Center Grove High School.
All Hoops teams will play Sunday games in the Indy Hoops League at locations around the Indianapolis area.
Each team may elect to play in up to 1 tournament that is covered by the participation fee. Each team can choose to play in additional tournaments, but the cost will be addition to the Hoops fee discussed below.
The fee to participate on a Hoops team is $300 per player and will be collected after the teams are chosen. This fee covers the cost of league, tournament, uniform, basketballs, etc. The fees are non-refundable.
If you have any questions, please contact Center Grove Basketball Hoops Director, Rob Thomson, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tryout Registration Deadline:
Thursday, December 3, 2020 Friday, December 4, 2020, 11:59pm (midnight)
Eligibility: Center Grove Students in 3rd-6th grades or Resident of White River Township (if not a CG student, proof of address will be required if placed on a team)
Tryout Date: Sunday, December 6, 2020
Tryout Location: Center Grove High School – Student Activity Center
3rd Grade – 9:00 – 10:15am
4th Grade – 10:30 – 11:45am
5th Grade – 12:00 – 1:15pm
6th Grade – 1:30 – 2:45pm
Tryout Registration: Online Tryout Registration required. Walkup registrations will not be accepted.
See Hoops Tryout Registration Form below
Special Instructions for Tryouts:
- Please drop-off player 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time for your grade.
- Players enter and exit through CGHS Door 8. Here is a map showing location of CGHS Door 8. It is the door on the east side of the school just north of the Student Activity Center along the student drop-off/pickup lane.
- Adults are not allowed in the school or gymnasium. Volunteers will help players check-in.
- Please promptly pickup your player at the scheduled end time. Players will exit through Door 8.
- Masks are mandatory. Participants will not be allowed to participate without a mask.
- Players need to wear athletic shoes and only bring a marked water bottle. Do NOT bring basketballs as they will be provided.
- A reminder email will be sent to those that have registered on Saturday, December 5th (latest) with any final details.
Tryout registration is closed. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.